Sunday, September 25, 2011

Rockstar Teaching Take Two


After viewing my video for this teaching segment, I saw some things that I liked and others that I didn't. I thought I did a good job projecting my voice and getting the attention of the class. I also felt like I did a good job explaining the skill, breaking it all down and allowing students to ask questions helped me ensure that everybody understood the activity loud and clear. I also felt like I gave constant feedback to the students as they completed the skill, and knew every rockstar's name. I did notice a few areas where I needed some improvement. My dialogue was very choppy at times, and I often times used words such as gonna, wanna, etc. versus saying going to and wanting to. I also was very fidgety at times with my hands and would clap or rub my legs or something like that. I also realized after completing the Time Coding Form that though I thought I had students active and involved, I really had many students standing around and not participating since they were waiting in a line. My observations of this teaching segment will help to improve student learning because I will be able to make necessary changes. I would get the activity level of the students much much higher by splitting them into smaller groups, or working on a different technique to have more students involved. Overall the experience was great, and I am looking forward to continuing to progress as a teacher!

(Dr. Yang, I did not add any pictures of the three required because there are no pictures of me in the album that I could find. Any information is appreciated.)

No comments:

Post a Comment